Thursday, September 14, 2006

Herpes Outbreak Getting Worse

On track

The following interview was conducted by Juan Rodriguez, a very "worried." Thank you very much to him and his staff for the next note.

"You come into the world to find a place where you feel comfortable ..." and explains Hector "Lemon" Garcia his return to Via Varela with new skills and new board "coarsely chopped." '
After being in the Bersuit to Debauchery and "Frappe" the first album of Javier Calamaro, it is demonstrated that Lemon is not a guy who escapes to success, but it is a restless place that constantly scans and when he feels that not finds, is generated. Here you can enjoy a chat that is priceless ...

you could you remove some of the musical style that was doing, before training but not the name. What does it mean for you "Via Varela?"

García Limón: No, indeed, I tell you that at some point, while recording the album, it had considered the possibility of changing the name because nothing was happening, were other musicians as well as training will be allowed to touch a lot of things that other units were not allowed, then at some point we think the idea of \u200b\u200bchanging the name but it was very strong because at one point we were determined that the disc was actually going to be reversed, was to call the band "Coarse" and the album "Via Varela." Bone were going to do a swap. But then people who know us and everything ... told us, with reason, what is the meaning? A band can also mutate and above all ... such as John of "Bersuit" I said "uh, well we also mutated because when I was with them, we came to do a story and we had to do quite another.

Restless: Until there was a change limit ...

Limón García: Yes, it was a change limit, because it was life or death and changing Vía Varela was not such a change was from the inside, I learned a lot and I Bersuit remove many prejudices and other bands I was walking around, doing, singing as a guest and then I found I had a lot of issues that never led to the band because I felt that Via Varela could not play and then one of the things I learned, is that if you you have the personality and the sound of the band, anything that touches you going to play as it sounds this band and if the song is good, better. Speaking

disk, what are the ideas or concepts of "coarsely chopped? Limon

Garcìa: for us, who are musicians who identify with a society or a more just society project, we try to say the things we believe, that is what happens to people who are "coarsely chopped "Those people who travel daily to their place of laburo who has dreams and a lot of things inside, but the system fights it all the time, it moves or delayed and yet that person still thinks that at some point things will change. And we play a lot for those people. We feel that this is our place today, but only in a social view plane such as "Stick and stick" or "you go up, low" but also from an emotional place, from the place of the "consent" is one thing fresh and tender.

drive letters show a range of characters that could be a person who understand and can appreciate a significant pain burden "That was what they set out to show?

Limón García: Yes, the disc has a lot of pain but also much hope. That thing that one goes out and you feel like bitching because you say "can not be mad all is well." Neither I nor my children or my brothers or my family or my friends, no one deserves this society as unfair and that plan also fall in love, have a child and feel the same things. The album has it all. When we finished listening to the album, we realized that really was a gallery of characters. There are several characters on the disc they sing in a way or another, saying one thing or another, but are the characters that you have inside.

Another attribute that has the record that a lot of attention is the art of Boock, because it causes a sense of wonder while in pain. Does that mean or is it another order?

Limón García: We finished the album when we said "good thing to do art." Immediately when we were finished Salvador appeared Battle, which is an amazing artist and a photographer who had made several discs "Bersuit". I know him because of that, by going to where he outlined his photos. And I also feel a deep admiration for him. When he said he wanted to participate in the disc, I thought the fairest and most logical thing was to give the issues and choose what was happening in each of the letters and as I saw it, because he is another artist and each has a different view but the essence remains the same. I knew he was going to play what we wanted to say and it was amazing, because the pictures have a lot to do with each of the letters and each of the songs, even you have to walk by turning the Boock and that means you out from one place and puts you in another all the time. Besides, when he brought the photos we got together to see how we designed the theme of the lyrics, about how they would go, and all that. I said "no do not touch the photos, letters are not important, what is important in this book are the photos, the letter if you want to hear you got the song ..

not take away attention to the picture ... Lemon

Garcia: Sure!. Because you put the letter above the picture and that is a violation of an artistic act and did not want that, because we claim that history of the mystique of rock art and all that.

That was because they lost a lot of culture, it is now very fast and easy.

García Limón: Exactly. And in a society that was delayed for so many years, people have the need to get noticed and be a protagonist and the culture that was installed in the late 90's in this country, I ate a lot things are rapidly phagocytosed an old story that we had, an issue expected to be played much was expected but a show, you were going to see Spinetta, Seru Giran, Charly, Fito and say, well go, go! and did not know it would be like the scenery.

As such, you shall find a surprise.

Limón García: And yes, going to enjoy the music as well, that's another issue. Utopia must be fed, because if there is no utopian dreams and if there are no dreams will start to put things through your nose until you say enough.

So you end up depending that and your happiness is out there, you have to find is that, the dream.

Limón García: I think the artists and the media should leave a little hypocrisy with this sort of thing and put the batteries and work culture. There are many bands that are doing a job very seriously and are working for the shows. What happens is that sometimes what is broadcast is the "other bands", which are in another plan. We believe that, and here we are giving battle to take this project forward, it's hard, but we know, it always was.

But it is part of the game and the beauty is making things go. If you lose, that ends up losing everything. If you had everything before starting, look no roads.

García Limón: Sure I could have stayed in "La Bersuit" quietly, enjoying playing to 5,000 or 10,000 people, but that was not my plan.

Does the idea of \u200b\u200brenewal is based more on keep looking for that dream it is to get your band to the top or continue to maintain that spirit of constant struggle?

García Limón: Many artists have the power or virtue of being transgressive in a lot of things, to generate a lot of things and when people expect to make a cabinet is that the guys do a car, then you say, for what happened?. Many artists do that, transgress from that side, I am uneasy with other things and when I feel I'm not comfortable in a place I have to start with something else, I need all the time have the space to say much. I try to find, in this case I'm doing with "Via Varela," I did a lot with "bersuit" and my friends helped me make this record because I really could not do it alone, is an inexplicable spirit, because the kids I said: why are you going? Why did you leave? I "Frappe", the first album with Javier Calamaro and I left, Javier began his career with this album, I finished it and left. One comes into the world to find a place where you feel comfortable and I'm looking for that musical place where I feel comfortable, at this moment the best place we could have is that I have, I'm really comfortable. I'm writing alone and with John (Suvir) also do a lot of songs. But it took me a long time to be in this place and I'm comfortable I feel good when I can not make a point, I call John and say: che John I have a music, you pass it. And he ends but the feeling is, I'm doing the right thing. When I am attacked omnipotence, I fight these things, visualize them and they are my enemy. As I know they are enemies for my future and my career I have a light that turns on when that happens and I call upon those who know more than me and I tell them. To me that is fundamental because it is a life learning. You renovándote

constantly. Lemon

Garcia: I do songs, the band took after the guitarist plays the bass player plays, because they know they are the instruments and each creates its instrument on the central idea of \u200b\u200bthe song, and and making the band's personality, but would only be a person's personality. All the time there is a limit that.

How would you define the under?

Limón García: It's hard, because to be underground bands have to be spaces under and today there are none. Apart

is like that word was worn. Because now any girl band can not have an interesting proposal is believed part of the under. Lemon

Garcia: Being under not to have a band and not having a place to play. Is to create things, something that is not seeing in the market. Under all these bands are like us and some more than others, but have a separate proposal which is being heard in the market and are outside of it. But you have to have the space to show what these spaces under and today are not as "cement" for example, places at other times there are not and now they are all mega events, even kids. There are certain areas where armed bands 7 or 8 and there is someone who produces and asks for tickets in advance and that is not under.


Interview: Juan Manuel Rodríguez, and Claudio Bagnato.
Photos: Via Varela
www.memoriadeuninquieto.com.ar

0 comments:

Post a Comment