Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Parotid Glands And Alcohol

Way .. Spinning

Good Juanchi wave saved me a job for Secondary ... It was in November 2004 if I remember correctly. Laburo a matter that was being journalistic writing, or something. And as always, the Zen Way, available ... Thanks John.

Interview with Juan Manuel Quiroz - Bass
Via Varela
The night started early. At 6 in the evening was the appointment with Hector "lemon" Garcia, lead singer of Vía Varela. I was expecting something more than an hour in front of La Casona del Arte, where even the equipment for the sound check was ready. My recorder to stop and empty place.
After a long time I see him walk through that door Limón overshadowed by the situation, was delayed several hours and had nothing ready. I was prepared to lend a hand and with the passing of the hours I actually saw a whole crew of the band. Electricity cables and hoses hung from the ceiling and the elements were being put in place. He saw my note threatening given the chagrin of the Lemon adverse situation. I decided I did not bother her birthday.
We spent the whole afternoon - evening fixing problems and my technical ignorance bothered me unable to feel useful to my friends Vía Varela. And while trying to put the little train on rails, began to spin on my head the idea to interview another member of the band. Juan Quiroz was my goal, but work in La Casona abounded. Everyone did something.
My school work was endangered and my nervousness increased.
With the arrival of a friend, one of the groupies of Way, my indecision came to an end.
"Why did not you do the note to John?" he was ahead of us and accepted without problems.
And in the corner of Esmeralda and Rivadavia was the following note ...

"Well, first of all a presentation ...
My name is Juan Manuel Quiroz, played in Via Varela and I am bearish.

-Tell, how does Vía Varela to you? Via Varela
reached by a phone call. I worked at a music major, and as anyone who works for something that does not like and above has the misfortune to misery and charged that the company is growing much light, you, a different vocation. Common thing here.
I called Sebastian Bazan in 2000 Via is guitarist, I proposed the idea as I was half played by the downturn laburo and that it is to have no time for what is important music and wants to start something serious.

"And as a musical experience in previous bands?
I came from a music school, where most of all was what today I am still doing it ...

contemporary folk-Comes yours Conservatory
Yes, I studied in school. Well, I played in a rock band in the days where tournaments were Bonaerenses, where one also regrets ... When you learn certain things, but hey, one is small and enters this story. And the experience of playing in a band and want to get somewhere I always have a goal scored. Speaking

-Track, we agree that is a band with a career and armed with several years under his belt ...
Yes, more than 10 years of work, separated by a time in which García Limón (voice) was in Bersuit, and after participating in two discs, and then reopens Vía Varela show up.

-Coupled Fully
new members, but with the intention of the project, which I value greatly. That is, never called me "a musician", but who wants sharing the spotlight.



-A Lemon in what area you knew him before?
I know to go to concerts, such Bersuit, although I have seen Road, in places like La Cueva where he played with bands that are now known as the Mississippi, Viejas Locas. Itself was also a big fan of country rock bands of all kinds. Beyond not pigeonholed into one, would rotate and buy things from the musicians and learning some people like Charly Garcia, on ...

"You see the music as a musician from a different perspective to those who do not know how to build, but we enjoyed it and listened: As a bassist and composer, how concebís rock today?
In general, in many ways I see it very well. A musical level is increasing considerably. At lettristic should be noted that letters have been incredible in Castilian, especially rock. From Charly Bersuit through all the bands that perhaps one can never see, suddenly you listen to in a bar and stays cool. And there are bands that come and go and have incredible lyrics. In other words, I see it. Perhaps what I see wrong is the industry marketers, and call it that, where it plays a little headache.

-Have healthy neurons influences the time to follow the music track ...
And yes, it is difficult, it really is. Terms into fights with many people, but I screwed the issue of the mass industrialization industrialize also because the musician and is complicated by what I said earlier.

"I saw in bands that were milestones, we have the Round, it is being Bersuit, Soda Stereo at the time ... for example
Soda was a band when I was younger I kept a lot. Beyond all I think it is a band that did comply and regardless of the differences were between them, are properly handled professionally.

"Speaking of bands such as those named, the unclassifiable beyond the rock, where located at Via Varela?
I can tell you the band at different times. The time that I was not, I can tell you how I identify, as well as at the time that I am. For what remains is the essence of rock, but the spirit is different, the people playing is another. Via the identified today, maybe at some point by the closeness we have with Bersuit, but not musically, but at the working group. Musically we are very different.

"That was one of the reasons why Lemon left the band, right?
Yes musical motifs. Which I think is very respectable. Also from here I hear many bands like Divididos, Round, and we relate to them a lot more than nothing, perhaps, by the tone. But it's still rock. The genus has diversified so much to say rock is like talking about classical music: "What is classical music?" And you have a lot of composers making music fascinating. And the rock is that, a lot of people, bands and what stands out from other styles is that people are, you do see, it is noted and I think great friendships than it is those who are below the scenario, those who follow you everywhere. I do not think happens in another genre than this.

-My next question comes to know and see that there are things that moves you from the people. Do these things inspire you to point to letters and making music? Fully

to make letters, to make music, to write, to sit at the computer and think that you can make a better world. These things come to me. And at one point so many people told me is that all that rock the industry can not kill the people, while people who do not listen, we will be. After more or less as a rock in industrialization, everything you touch, everything is handled and all can be good musicians, but the contact with people is unique and that is rock.

"And if you speak to bond with the public, how would you like the future of Way," preferred the massiveness of a diverse audience so the message to reach more people, or you stay with recitals Cement the other day, or like today in the house with a small audience that deal directly with you and maybe show affection in other ways?
is fucked up, because the only work that gives me the power to choose to live like this, but do not sell your ass. Via at least, because it is the way of Way and I seem to be the way to go. I really enjoy the presence of whom I know, of which I am, and I get very happy to be new people and blended. But always from direct contact. The dream would be known to all, because you feel responsible for that. Beyond imagination. Because there are people that suddenly there are people who drink with the recital, comment and something that I see it. And I take it as a responsibility, to meet people, to share. I know what it feels like to see bands, musicians admire, and one of the first things I do is get off the stage to be. If we could always do that, be happy. And to live music.

-Speaking of dreaming, and as you are a writer, dreaming a bit and tell me how you look with Via in five years ...
If all goes well and we're barbarians putting everything I am playing like today. And I hope that my economic reality of all is more passable. One does not study medicine to drive a taxi. I do not mind loading the equipment if it later allows me to live, I have the dream of rock stardom.

"Amen then, thank you very much.
not give anything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment